The chance of a type 2 diabetes diagnosis increases with age, but it’s never too late to make lifestyle changes to improve your overall health and beat the odds.
The older you get your chance of being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes increases. Approximately 25 percent of adults over the age of 60 have Type 2 diabetes; however, it’s never too late to make critical lifestyle changes to minimize the likelihood of a diabetes diagnosis. It’s a new year and the perfect time to adjust your everyday habits that could have a big impact on your total health.
One of the most important things you can do to manage your health is maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight substantially increases your chance of developing Type 2 diabetes along with several other health problems including cardiovascular disease and stroke.
To help you lose weight and continue to maintain a healthy weight, consider these tips:
- Maintain a healthy balance between caloric intake and physical activity. Burn more calories than you eat!
- Eat breakfast every day. Forcing yourself to eat breakfast helps you avoid over eating throughout the day and balances out your total daily caloric intake.
- Keep a record of what you eat along with your physical activity. This helps you better understand how your food intake and exercise affect you, while helping you to work towards a healthier balance.
- Choose healthy foods in your diet including whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as lean cuts of meat.
- Avoid breads, grains and heavy starches.
- Get active! Physical activity enhances your overall health by reducing your stress, lowering your blood pressure and your blood glucose. This can significantly lower your chance of getting Type 2 diabetes. Working out doesn’t have to be boring! Try swimming, dancing or hiking.
Remember, it is never too late to make important lifestyle changes that can enhance your overall health and lower your chance of a type 2 diabetes diagnosis. You can do this! If you already have diabetes, the experts at Focus Express Mail Pharmacy are here to help. We are available to answer all of your questions about diabetes and diabetes supplies including insulin pumps.
Call us today at 1-866-403-6287 or visit us at www.FocusPharmacy.com..