Studies indicate that a vegetarian diet encourages a healthy weight and also improves blood sugar control and insulin response for people with Diabetes
A vegetarian diet offers many health benefits for everyone. It promotes a healthy weight and decreases your risk of cardiovascular diseases. Studies indicate that for those managing diabetes, a vegetarian diet also improves blood sugar control and insulin response. There are a few different types of vegetarian diets but if you decide it’s right for you, you’ll find a vegetarian diet offers many delectable options to enjoy. Take a look at the recipes below and add them to your menu today.
- The Crunch Time Veggie Wrap is as colorfully festive as it is tasty. The recipe only makes one serving so it is easy to create a quick lunch for work with just 28 carbs per serving.
- If your taste buds are craving something a little sweeter, they will love a Beet, Carrot, and Apple Salad. With walnut halves nestled among parsley, this slaw-like salad is lovely enough to serve for a dinner party with only 112 calories per serving.
- Sweet Pepper-Green Onion Quesadillas are a perfect comfort food and healthy at the same time because they only have 12 carbs. Whip them up on a busy weeknight and the whole family will run to the table.
- This Jamaican Red Bean Soup is easy to make and with six servings you will have enough left over to pack for lunch the next day. It has an estimated glycemic load of 8 and packs a variety of yummy vegetables.
- Try this Asparagus Polenta Bake for an elegant and healthy side dish. It is easy to make and brings five grams of protein. You will enjoy the flavorings of Portobello mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, as well.
- This recipe for Vegetable Lasagna is another feast for the eyes and the tummy. Invite some friends over and enjoy this beautiful dish with only eight grams of fat per serving.
If you are considering changing to a vegetarian diet, it may be helpful to speak with a dietician who can help you create an eating plan that incorporates all the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy weight or lose weight. If your goal is to lose weight, it is important to stay within an appropriate calorie range.
We are available at Focus Express Mail Pharmacy to answer any questions you may have about diabetes, diabetes supplies or insulin pumps.
Call 1-866-403-6287 and let us help you today!