A diabetes diagnosis and the need to eat right go hand in hand. But that doesn’t mean eating has to be dull or expensive. Here are some easy to make, diabetes friendly recipes that taste great and won’t break the bank. Each one will feed a family of four for ten dollars or less a meal.
- Here’s a delicious, ocean fresh meal that’s easy to fix and eat. Parmesan Lemon Crusted Flounder with Green Beans Amandine contains both a lean protein and veggies. All you need add is some brown rice to get a 280 calorie meal with 12.0g of fat.
- Turkey and Veggie Chili makes a great one pot meal and is perfect for those lingering cool spring nights. The turkey is a great lean protein with 5.0g of fat, and the combination of onions, carrots, zucchini and tomatoes provide a nice variety of vegetables. And great northern beans add some healthy carbs to the mix.
- Here’s a dish that combines all the ingredients that make up a perfect plate of diabetes friendly food. Mole Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini and Refried Black Beans has a lean protein from the pork, a starch in the beans and low-carb zucchini to round out the meal. It’s only 225 calories per serving with 29g of protein, 4.5g of fat and only 4g of sugar.
- Looking for another healthy, and flavor-filled choice? Try Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms. This dish can be served up in 20 minutes and provides 27g of protein, 9.0g of fat and only 12g of carbs.
- Next is an easy to fix summer taco recipe that will feed the family or guests. Grilled Shrimp Tacos cook up in 15 minutes and are both delicious and healthy. At 200 calories a serving and 21g of protein your family or guests will be digging in for seconds.
- How about a light and easy salad meal for those warm summer days ahead? Give Spinach Salad with Chicken and Avocado a try! It combines different food textures with vegetables, protein and lots of flavor. This easy to prepare meal comes in at 230 calories with 15g of fat.
These are just some of the delicious meals that you can count on to be diabetes friendly, while leaving both your stomach and wallet filled.
When it comes to answering questions about diabetes, insulin pumps and supplies, you can also count on the experts at Focus Express Mail Pharmacy. We have a combined 150 years of pharmacy experience! Visit us now at www.FocusPharmacy.com or call us, toll-free, at 1-866-403-6287 and our friendly associates will happily field all of your questions.